Over the last few years it has become obvious to Dr. Hatcher that orthodontics is his calling – one of the things for which he was created. As such, he has developed Reach Orthodontics as a unique practice in many ways.
- Dr. Hatcher feels relationships are vital in orthodontics. Our office processes are aimed at getting to know patients and parents.
- He believes in being a good steward with his patient’s time and finances.
- Dr. Hatcher believes there is an optimum time to begin treatment for each patient.
- He strives to provide the best treatment at the best time to get the best results for each patient.
- There is no magic in the braces or in the technology we use. The magic is in the expertise to using the right tool at the right time to get the best result.
- Dr. Hatcher and his staff monitor treatment closely, but more importantly, work carefully with patients to get from them their best efforts of cooperation.
- Our practice has internal controls so we don’t get too big or too busy.
- In 2016, Dr. Hatcher was lead to reorganize his practice as Reach Orthodontics utilizing the profits from the practice to support charities who help the under-served locally and around the world.
- He believes the best part of being an orthodontist is seeing patients 10 days, 10 months or 10 years later and seeing where their smiles have taken them in life.
Braces are a team effort; parents, patients, the orthodontist and the orthodontic team work together to get the result – the Confident Smile!
Dr. Hatcher earned his dental degree at the University of Alabama School of Dentistry where he graduated with the Dean’s Medal as the outstanding graduate. He went on to earn specialty certification in orthodontics and a Master’s degree from Baylor College of Dentistry. He has been providing outstanding orthodontic care for the Madison area since 1990.
Dr. Hatcher remains active in the youth ministry at Asbury Methodist Church, leading a small group of youth. Outside the office, he enjoys traveling with his wife Susan to visit his adult kids, spending time on the family farm with his dad, spending time at the lake, tinkering, and taking on home improvement projects.
Tammy has been a part of Dr. Hatcher’s team since 1992. She received her hygiene license from UAB.
Tammy’s warm smile and a caring attitude helps patients feel comfortable when trying to achieve that “Beautiful Smile”. Tammy is a true Alabama native, living here all her life. Tammy and her husband have three sons and one daughter.
Christie joined Dr. Hatcher’s team in 1998. She brought with her six years of dental/orthodontic experience to our office. Her motto is, “They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” She loves being a part of a team that gives our patients new self-confidence with their new smile. Christie and her husband have lived here all their lives and have two daughters.
Jennifer joined Dr. Hatcher’s team in 1998. She brought with her 10 years of banking experience to our office. Jennifer moved around the world as an Army brat but now considers Alabama her home. Jennifer feels, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” Her goal is to make your experience getting started in braces effortless. Jennifer and her husband have a daughter and a son.
Jen joined Dr. Hatcher’s team in 2006. She brought eight years of dental and orthodontic experience with her. Her caring attitude and cheerfulness help make each patient feel comfortable when creating a beautiful smile. Jen was born and raised in Alabama. She is married with three sons and one granddaughter. They enjoy traveling and spending time together with family and friends. They have two extra family members: their dogs, Blue and Koko.
A former patient of Dr. Hatcher, Caitlyn joined the team in 2017. She completed her training under Dr. Hatcher and the team is thrilled she chose to work with us! Caitlyn’s favorite part of the job is getting to see the before and after photos and the beautiful smiles on patient’s faces. She enjoys spending time with her nephew, family, and friends.